Blepharoplasty in Lexington, KY
At Dowden Plastic Surgery, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. William L. Dowden performs eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, to correct drooping eyelids and puffiness under the eyes. The procedure tightens and lifts the eyelids to restore the natural eyelid line. Eyelid surgery is not intended to eliminate dark circles under the eyes, lift the eyebrows or reduce fine lines around the eyes. Those interested in eyelid surgery in Lexington, Georgetown, or the surrounding areas of Kentucky, should schedule a consultation today.
What is Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid surgery is a surgical procedure that reduces bagginess from lower eyelids and removes excess skin from the upper eyelids.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
- Fewer fine lines.
- No more bags.
- Improved vision.
- A refreshed appearance.
What Happens During Eyelid Surgery?
Dowden Plastic Surgery develops individual treatment plans for patients seeking eyelid surgery in. Before the surgery begins, we apply a local anesthetic to the eyelid. In some cases, Dr. Dowden may use general anesthesia. Once the anesthetic has numbed the area, we put eye drops in the eyes to numb them and place protective contact lenses over the eyes. Dr. Dowden may use a scalpel or laser for the incisions.
- For upper eyelid surgery, Dr. Dowden places the incision in the crease of the eyelid where there is a natural fold of skin. We remove excess skin, muscle, and fatty tissue and close the incision with stitches.
- For lower eyelid surgery, Dr. Dowden makes an incision just under the lower eyelashes, removes excess skin, muscle and fat and then closes the incision with stitches.
When Can Normal Activities be Resumed after Eyelid Surgery?
Typically patients can resume their normal activities seven to ten days after the surgery.
Is There Any Pain after Eyelid Surgery?
Common symptoms during the healing process are discomfort and swelling in the eye area, temporary blurred vision, dry eyes, excessive tearing, and difficulty closing eyes. These symptoms typically resolve within two weeks.
Am I A Good Candidate For Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)?
Any one, or combination, of the following conditions, may indicate that you are a good candidate for eyelid surgery:
- Excess skin that obscures the natural fold of the upper eyelids.
- Loose skin hanging over the edge of the upper eyelids, perhaps impairing vision.
- A puffy appearance of the upper eyelids, making the eyes look tired.
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the upper or lower eyelids.
- Bags and dark circles under the eyes.
- Creases or folds in the lower eyelids.
How Much Does Eyelid Surgery Cost in Lexington?
Eyelid surgery prices vary from patient to patient, so give us a call today, and a member of our friendly and knowledgeable staff would be happy to assist you. We recommend setting up a complimentary consultation with Dr. Dowden, where you can discuss your questions and concerns in a one-on-one setting. We offer financing and accept cash, checks, and major credit cards.
If you want to learn more or have any questions about eyelid surgery procedures, contact us at 859-274-4201. We are happy to answer any questions that you may have and help you schedule a consultation. Dowden Plastic Surgery serves patients throughout Lexington, Georgetown, and the surrounding area of Kentucky.